When You Wish Upon A Starfish

Tuesday, August 4, 2015



Top (old, similar) / Shorts / Shoes /
 Bracelet / Cuff Bracelet /  Bangle Bracelet (sold out) /
Earrings (similar)

I really love marine animals. Well, I love all animals, but some of my favorites are aquatic creatures like manatees, dolphins, orcas, and starfish! If you've read some of my previous posts, you know that I love paddle boarding. Kind of a funny story... Wanting to see a manatee, in its natural environment, is what made me get on a board for the first time! I was on vacation in Florida, and had heard that some paddlers had been spotting manatees. I was on a mission to find one. I thought, hey, that looks fun, and I could see a manatee...I'm in! I never saw a manatee, but I loved paddle boarding! I haven't come across any of these beautiful animals while on a board yet, but I really hope that some day I have the opportunity to do so! 

Last year when Lilly Pulitzer came out with a starfish print, I scooped this top right up! This has to be one of my favorite Lilly prints so far. I love the seashells in the various shades of blue, and the starfish are a brighter red color, which really makes them pop.  I usually wear this top with the white chino shorts pictured above, and my favorite Jack Rogers sandals.  On a cooler day, or evening,  this outfit would look just as good with white pants. 

I had so much fun accessorizing this look. I wore my two favorite Kendra Scott bracelets, and my Vineyard Vines bangle, with a coral print on it. I picked this bangle bracelet up in the Vineyard Vines outlet store last year. They are no longer available on the store website, however, there seems to be some very similar bangles from Vineyard Vines available on Ebay. The coral print on this bangle went so perfectly with this under the sea look. The earrings I'm wearing are from a jewelry store in East Moriches, called My Silver Bracelet.  I also have a matching starfish necklace. They always have really nice pieces, and the prices are great. In case you can't make it to My Silver Bracelet, I've included a link above, to a very similar pair of starfish earrings that are currently available at Nordstrom. Have a lovely day!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top