My Spotify

Thursday, August 20, 2015

I love music, and I love how technology is constantly finding new ways to for us to listen to and discover new tunes! Lately, it's been all about the apps. I love having music apps on my phone, because when I'm on the go, I'm always listening to music, whether I'm in the car, at the gym, or getting things done around the house. In the past I have always been a Pandora girl. However, I've recently started using Spotify as well, and it's pretty darn awesome. Don't get me wrong, I still use Pandora, when I'm looking to listen to a broader genre of music. But, I really love how Spotify allows you to choose a specific artist to listen to. If you are looking for a specific song, by a particular artist, you can even look it up directly, and add it to your personal song list, or a playlist that you've created. With the basic version of Spotify, you can shuffle around your songs, or your playlists, but I recently upgraded to the premium version, which allows you go directly to a specific song, and play your music offline. I'm still getting familiar with the perks of Spotify Premium, but so far, I like what I see (and hear)!

 

Something that has been getting A LOT of play time on my Spotify lately, is One Direction. Now, I've always had a thing for the boy bands. I was a die hard NSYNC fan, and I loved the Jonas Brothers. I even love some of the earlier "boy bands" like Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. However, I was really late to get on the 1D train. Now that I'm on board, it's full steam ahead! It all started about a month ago, when my sister, Alyssa, played the song Night Changes, and said "you've got to hear this key change!" She was right, killer key change, and a great song. I kind of forgot about it, until a few days later when I was out with my friend. Somehow we got on the topic of One Direction, and I told her how Alyssa played night changes for me, and how I really liked. Then my friend told me about the music video for Night Changes.  Ok, is this video not every fan girls dream? I mean, they make it feel like you are on a date with each guy! How cute is that?! So at this point, my inner fan girl was resurfacing. Cue Spotify! I started to listening to more of their songs, and um, they're awesome! Some of my favorite songs of theirs, so far, are Does He Know, Act My Age, and Last First Kiss. But honestly, I like them all. Their music is really fun, and brings back so many memories from my boy
 band fan girl days!


Here's a little throwback to one of my favorite fan girl moments, meeting Lance Bass from NSYNC, back when he was in Hairspray on Braodway. Please bear in mind that this photo was taken several years ago, and that doofy look on my face is due to extreme excitement! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top