Disney World Recap Part 1: Jellyrolls

Tuesday, August 25, 2015







If you follow me on Snapchat or Instagram, then you already know that one of the major highlights of my trip to Disney World was Jellyrolls, a dueling piano bar on the Boardwalk. We stayed at Disney's Yacht Club, and Jellyrolls was very conveniently located in walking distance, right across the boardwalk. This was excellent, because Alyssa and I ended every single night of our trip there!

Jellyrolls really took me by surprise, because I thought I knew EVERYTHING about Disney World. Having grown up going to Disney, and as adult, going multiple times a year, I thought I knew it all. I knew that Jellyrolls existed, because I've walked by it on the boardwalk. But I really had no idea what it was. To be honest, I was always so concerned with waking up bright and early to be at the the parks for opening, Disney night life had never been something that I'd even considered. Well, let me tell you, it is SO worth going to the parks a little later in the day, and staying out late at Jellyrolls! 

Alyssa and I were taking a walk on the boardwalk with our dad on our first night at Disney, and we heard some music that caught our attention. A friendly bouncer invited us in to take a peek, and it looked fun, so we decided to stick around for a bit. We ended up spending three hours there that night, and proceeded to go back every night that week, each night, having the time of our lives! Seriously, my face hurt from smiling and laughing so much, and each morning I woke up with like, no voice, from singing along!

So basically, how Jellyrolls works is that there are two grand pianos on stage, and two guys play at a time, taking turns every other set, with another two guys. In between sets, sometimes the four guys perform a song together. The audience gets involved by writing song requests on cocktail napkins, and bringing them up to the stage, placing them on the pianos. Throughout the night, the guys play all requests. What's amazing is that these guys know, like EVERY SONG! They play AND sing, every single verse, of every song without ANY music, and it is AMAZING!!! When we first got there, Alyssa and I literally sat there for about an hour with our jaws dropped, before we started making requests of our own. We requested boy band songs, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, Grease, Wicked, One Direction, Andy Grammer, and our favorite, Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You, to name a few. Some of our other favorite songs that the guys performed were Bohemian Rhapsody, Beatles, Michael Jackson, Spice Girls, Rainbow Connection, and the "classic" Baby Got Back. Honestly, I can't even begin to scratch the surface, but what I can say is that, from Rainbow Connection, to Bohemian Rhapsody, and everything in between, it was ALL incredible! My mind was blown. Aside from being unbelievably talented musicians, these guys are a blast. They are so funny, and they keep the audience involved and singing along all night. 

I am SO happy that Alyssa and I stumbled upon Jellyrolls last Sunday night. It was such a joyful addition to our trip, and has become a "must go" spot for all future Disney vacations!  I'm looking forward to going back and seeing our new friends at Jellyrolls soon!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top