California Grille

Wednesday, August 19, 2015








Dress (on sale!) / Shoes

I had been eyeing this maxi dress from Calypso St. Barth for a while, and picked it up during a sale at the West Hampton store. I had been saving it for something special. Last week my family went to California Grille at Disney's Contemporary Resort, for an early celebration of my birthday, and it was the perfect occasion to take it out. I don't wear maxi dresses all that often, because I like to show some leg in the summer, but this one I am in love with. It is so beautifully flowy, and the material is so soft and smooth. It also has a couple tassels that tie in just the right places to make this dress super flattering. It's such a versatile piece and could easily be dressed up or down. Since I'm in Disney, of course I had to give it a few good twirls, and really felt like a princess!

California Grille is an amazing restaurant in Disney, and while it is definitely one of the pricier places to eat on property, it is so worth every penny. First of all, the view can't be beat. This restaurant is located on the 15th floor of the Contemporary Resort, giving you a birds eye view of Cinderella's Castle.  Second...The. Food. Is. AMAZING!!! And third, the service in impeccable.  I shared with our waiter my specific dietary needs, and he told me about this plate, that is basically a vegetarian sampler. The chef was able to make it gluten free for me as well. I got four different dishes, one of which was better than the last. Other exciting highlights were gluten free rolls (anyone else who eats a GF diet, knows how rare it is be able to have rolls with dinner when eating out), and an AMAZING chocolate cake for dessert. To top it all off, after dinner we went outside on the viewing deck to watch the fireworks over at the Magic Kingdom. They even play the music from the park, so that you get the full experience! We had a wonderful night, and it was the perfect way to kick off my birthday week!

I mentioned in a post last week that Disney is a wonderful place to eat if you have any dietary restrictions. It really is amazing how easy they make it. If you specify to your waiter that you have any dietary needs, at any restaurant, the chef will come out and talk to you about your options. No matter what your needs are, they are always able to create something delicious. Like I've mentioned before, following a gluten free diet is new to me, and it hasn't always been easy. Here at Disney, I have yet to feel like I'm missing out on anything, when we eat out.  I often joke that I come to Disney just for the food. It's the best of the best. This week we really have been enjoying so many amazing dining experiences, here at the happiest place on earth!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top