Vineyard Vines Jockey Whale Dayboat and KJP

Wednesday, August 12, 2015




Top (sold out) / Shorts / Shoes / Bracelet

I ordered this Vineyard Vines Jockey Whale Dayboat ensemble during the friends and family sale, and to be honest, it was a very impulsive purchase for me. My usual online shopping routine goes a little something like this... I scroll through a website, and as things catch my eye, I add them to my shopping cart.  When I feel like I've seen what I need to see, I go to my cart and scroll through the items inside, weeding out anything that I feel kind of 'eh' about. Then I leave it. Sometimes for a few hours, sometimes for a few days, a few weeks, and every now and again, even months. Over this period of time, I'll go back and visit the cart, and I usually end up weeding things out...and sometimes adding an item or two.  Any items that I'm still thinking about, and remain in my cart over some amount of time, 9 times out of 10, I end up purchasing. This might sound like some kind of commitment issue, HOWEVER, I very rarely end up needing to make returns. Like, really, never. Which is good, because I hate the return process! Whatever works, right? 

Anyway, this outfit...Super impulsive, no thought involved whatsoever. I literally put it in my cart, and went stright to checkout. Very rare, and kind of risky for me. BUT, it came, and I love it. Wearing these two pieces together is super matchy, and at first I was a little afraid it might be too much. I'd wear the shorts with a solid top, or the top with a pair of jeans. But then I decided to just go for it, and wore the top and the shorts together, and I think it's a fun look! I love the VV whales, so I think when it comes to those little guys, there is no such thing as too much! Unfortunately the shirt is no longer in stock on the Vineyard Vines website, but the shorts are still there! These shorts paired with a solid top is also a great look. I've recently worn them with a top similar to this one from J Crew. 

This is my first bracelet from Kiel James Patrick, but I'm already a fan! I can tell that there will be more KJP anchor bracelets in my future, for sure! I LOVE the anchor detail, and of course the pearls were just calling out to me! There are so many fun designs, and I've got my eye on a few other KJP anchor bracelets...I'll have to see which ones stand the shopping cart test of time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top