Disney World Recap Part 2: Disney's Yacht Club Resort

Thursday, August 27, 2015


I've stayed at several Disney resorts, but last week my family stayed at the Yacht Club, and it's definitely one of my favorites, if not my top Disney resort choice.  The Yacht Club is one of Disney's deluxe resorts, so it's on the pricier side, but for so many reasons, it's worth the splurge. One of the major perks of staying at the Yacht Club is location. The Yacht Club, as well as The Beach Club, Boardwalk, and Swan and Dolphin Resorts, are all located in the EPCOT resort area. At any of these resorts you are in between EPCOT and Hollywood Studios, and are within walking distance of both parks. These resorts also offer boat transportation to both parks, as well as bus transportation to Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, and Disney's water parks. I absolutely loved being so close to the parks! We were able to spend the morning in the park, come back and take a swim, or rest, before heading back into the park later in the day. My family loves to watch the fireworks, and one of our favorite things about the Yacht Club is that at night you can stand on the dock, and have a GREAT view of both the EPCOT and Hollywood Studios fireworks! Being at the Yacht Club, we were also within walking distance of the Boardwalk, which is one of my favorite spots in Disney. The Boardwalk is a super fun place to walk around in the evening, with street performers, carnival type games, shopping, great food, the Atlantic Dance Hall, and of course my new favorite spot, Jellyrolls! 


The Yacht Club is decorated to make you feel like you are on a ship, and during the day, there is even a Captain that greets you at the door! I love the nautical vibe that surrounds Yacht Club guests, from the resort lobby, to guest rooms. A little fun fact...I actually used the decor in the rooms at the Yacht Club as inspiration, when I was decorating my own bedroom at home! The Yacht Club has a shop that carries some of my favorite brands, like Lilly Pulitzer, Vineyard Vines, and Tommy Bahama. Between the Yacht and Beach Club, there are also plenty of great restaurants at the resort.


Another highlight of the Yacht Club, is the amazing pool! In my opinion, this is the best pool on Disney property. It is exclusively for Yacht and Beach Club guests. The pool features a lazy river, whirlpools, a sandy bottom in some spots, hot tubs, and a water park worthy water slide, that comes off of a giant pirate ship on the beach! I am normally the girl who grabs a tube and floats around in the sun, but this pool had me playing around like a kid again...Isn't that what Disney is all about?! I LOVED zipping down the water slide, spinning around in the whirlpool, and of course, relaxing in the lazy river! 



A really fun, kind of hidden gem, at the Yacht Club is the Pearl Factory. This is a little hut where you can culture your own pearl, and have it put into a piece of jewelry. I LOVE pearls (as you might have guessed by the name of my blog), so of course this was an activity I needed to partake in! I picked a clam...Not to worry, the clams are already dead. They have lived out their lives, and died naturally before being used at the Pearl Factory...Once I picked a clam, it was opened up to reveal my pearl! (Hint: Pick the ugliest clam, as it is most likely to have the most beautiful pearl!) Now, everyone is guarenteed to find at least one pearl inside of their clam, but it could be any kind of pearl. Of course a white or ivory pearl would be the most common.  My clam had a very unique silver/blue pearl. According to the lady working in the hut, this kind of pearl is very rare, so that was neat. I had my pearl placed in a ring. The experience of culturing my own pearl was a lot of fun, and definitely something that I look forward to doing again, on my next visit! Who knows? Maybe next time my clam will reveal the most rare, black pearl!

I had such an amazing time staying at Disney's Yacht Club, and I would highly recommend it! Some other Disney resorts that I have visited, and really love, are the Grand Floridian, Polynesian, and Beach Club. These are all deluxe resorts, but I personally feel that the amenities offered at these resorts make staying there worth every penny.  There are lots of Disney resorts that I haven't stayed at yet, and I'm sure have a lot of offer as well, these are just my personal favorites! I do think that staying on property is a MUST for a Disney vacation. Disney offers complimentary transportation to and from the airport, as well as to and from all of the parks during your stay. This saves money, because you don't have to rent a car. It saves time, because you don't have to drive to and from the parks, park your car, etc. It also saves stress, because really, who wants to drive around when they're on vacation?! Disney makes transportation SO easy, it's a no brainer! You can also always rely on Disney to have a clean environment, and incredible, friendly cast members, who will do anything possible to make your trip more magical. No matter where you are on Disney property, you have access to delicious food, which I'll be talking about more in my final Disney World recap post tomorrow! Until then, as they say in Disney, have a magical day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top