Paddle Battle LI

Tuesday, July 21, 2015
   
       




Top / Sea Me Run Shorts / Board Shorts (old) /

This year, here on Long Island, we had our third annual Paddle Battle LI.  This is an event that I participated in for my first time last year, and basically, its a really fun day where people come out with their paddle boards and kayaks, and race. This year, we had not one, but two Paddle Battles, one at Port Jefferson Harbor, and another in Riverhead on the Peconic Bay. What is really great about this event, is that it's as competitive as you want it to be. There are people who show up that are in it to win it, and they battle it out for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Others, like myself, go out just to enjoy the atmosphere, and have a good old time paddling beside other people who love being out on the water. It is really a great time for everyone. In the future, I definitely plan on investing in a higher quality racing board, and getting into the more competetive aspect of racing.

I attended the Port Jefferson Paddle Battle with two of my friends from Get Up Stand Up NY, and after the race we had some entertainment from the guys at Flyboard Long Island. If you look closely behind the three of us girls, your eyes are not fooling you, there is in fact a person flying through the air. What they do is stand on what looks like a wake board with a jet pack attatched to the bottom. The board is attatched to a jet ski, which sends water shooting out the bottom of the jet pack, and the person on top flying through the air.  It was really fun to watch, and something I totally want to try out one of these days!

A lot of times when you see people paddle boarding, they're wearing swimsuits. I do for more leisurely paddles, but when I participate in a racing event, where I'm moving more quickly, I prefer something a little more secure, usually active wear. I absolutely love the Sea Me Run line from Lululemon. Unfortunately it looks like they are making less of the Sea Me Run line, however they still have the shorts that I wore to the Port Jefferson Paddle Battle (which I love) and a few other pieces. It looks like they have some new "sweat to swim" gear, that I'll have to try out. I pretty much love all things Lululemon, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed! I love the material, because you can get them wet, and they dry quickly, so you don't have to be uncomfortable in wet clothes! I also find the pieces to be very flattering and stylish, which is important, because of course half the fun in racing is looking fabulous!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top