Paddling Away in Triangl and Vineyard Vines

Monday, August 3, 2015




Swimsuit / Tee (sold out, similar)/ Sunglasses

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend! I spent most of the weekend paddle boarding, and the weather could not have been more perfect for it! On Friday evening I headed out for a sunset/full moon paddle, and it was beautiful. I love night paddles...There's just this totally amazing feeling that comes with being out there on the water, under the moon and the stars. The universe is this huge thing, and so much of it is a mystery. But being out there, staring up at the sky, it seems so familiar.

On Saturday night, some of my family went to a baseball game to cheer on the Long Island Ducks. It was military appreciation night, which was a fantastic night to be there, for a few reasons.  First of all, I'm a very patriotic person. I love this country, and I am so grateful to the men and women who risk so much, so that we can all live the lives that we do. There were a few different things going on at the ballpark, throughout the game, to thank members of the military. One of my favorites was that in between innings, a man led everyone in singing God Bless America. Baseball games are such a fun American tradition, and then to have the entire crowd singing God Bless America, it made me stop and think how truly lucky I am to live in this great country. After the game there was a beautiful fireworks display. Such a fun night!

On Sunday morning, the forecast called for calm waters, and it was right on! My friends from Get Up Stand Up NY and I made our annual paddle across the bay, to Fire Island, where we spent some time at the beach before packing up and paddling back! I made this venture last summer for the first time, and I've been looking forward to it all year since...Sunday's paddle did not disappoint! The weather was perfect, and we had a great time! I can't imagine a better way to round up the weekend!

My sister picked up a new paddle board towards the end of last week. In the photos above, I'm trying it out! My swimsuit is from Triangl Swimwear. It's made out of neoprene, the same material that wetsuits are made of. It gives off a cute surfer chic vibe, and I really love the zipper detail on this style. It slides down without popping open, which is great for avoiding unwanted tan lines! A note about Triangl swimwear - I would suggest ordering a size up...They run a bit snug!

I'm now actively using Snapchat, so if you want to follow along with my latest adventures, just add PaddlingInPearls! I try to add updates throughout the day on Snapchat, as well as on Instagram...Check it out!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top