Nauti Nautical

Monday, July 20, 2015



I pretty much love all things nautical, and this shirt is no exception. I mean, really, what is more nautical than blue and white stripes? This shirt takes it to the next level, by replacing white stripes with a sailors knot print, and I love it!  I purchased this shirt at the vineyard vines outlet last year, and it was a great find. Sadly, Vineyard Vines no longer carries this top. However, the good news is I've included a link to another top that is different, but equally as cute. This top has the same blue and white color scheme (love it!), but instead of sailor knots, it has a super cute fish print! And it's short sleeves, so that's a major plus for hot summer days! Even better? It's super on sale right now! 

I wore this outfit to a birthday dinner for my mom, at my grandmas house. Speaking of my moms birthday, I have to give myself a pat on the back, because I really hit the nail on the head with my moms gift this year. Somewhere over the last decade or so, everyone switched over to digital cameras, from the old style cameras, that had a roll of film, and you couldn't see your pictures, until you got them printed at the store...Remember those ancient things? Well my family is no exception. The problem with digital cameras is that its really easy to download your pictures to a computer, and forget they are there.  So we had a good 10 years or so, of family photos, vacations, holidays, birthdays, etc., sitting on a computer. To be honest, we all kind of forgot they were there.

Over the past couple of years, every so often, my mom would mention wanting to print up the pictures and put them into albums. With everyone's busy schedules, it one of those things that was constantly put on the back burner. Well, not anymore! That's right people, I went through every one of those thousands of pictures, printed up abour 800 of them, and sorted them into albums! It was a huge job, but oh my gosh, best gift ever! My mom was SO surprised, and she absolutely LOVED it! I thought I'd share this with everyone, in case you ever find yourself in a bind for a great gift! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top