Delightful Dishes

Tuesday, July 28, 2015
If you've read a few of my posts, you probably have an idea that I love to shop, and I love to be on my paddle board. What you might not know, is that I also love to cook. I'm a vegetarian, I have been for a good five years or so now, and I've never felt limited in terms of what I could eat. More recently, I've disovered that I have an intolerance for gluten. Now, THAT limits what I can eat...Or so I thought. There are actually tons of amazing vegetarian/vegan and gluten free dishes out there, and I've been having a blast experimenting with them lately! FYI I'm finding that you can modify so many dishes to make them gluten free! Pinterest is an amazing thing, and I have been finding such great recipes that I've been playing around with lately. I thought I'd share a few of my favorites with you today! Click on the links below to see full recipes!



So, I've had this avocado toast for breakfast basically every morning since I stumbled upon it on Pinterest. It's super simple, and fast to whip up...Just a piece of (gluten free) toast with butter, some spinach or arugala, a few slices of avocado, and an egg on top! The recipe suggests a poached egg...Sometimes I poach my egg, sometimes I fry it. Top it off with a sprinkle of salt and pepper...So good, and so good for you! It's a great power meal to kick off the day.


This meal was a hit in my house! It's basically quinoa mixed with a bit of tomato paste, and roasted veggies, topped with a cashew based sauce. This doesn't necesarily sound super exciting, but wow, does this dish pack some serious flavor!


These little trail mix bites, I actually came across in a buzzfeed article about great foods to travel with. There were several good suggestions for "travel food," but these have got to be favorite. They take about 10 minutes to whip up. Just melt some chocolate, and put little dallops on wax paper, topped with your favorite trail mix, put them in the fridge for a few minutes and you are good to go! I use omega trail mix, and find that it makes for a great mid day pick me up. I'll take these over airplane snacks any day!


I modified this recipe to make it gluten free, simply by using gluten free flour. I did find that the gluten free flour made it a little more crumbly than it might have otherwise been, but it was still very tasty.  Any recipe that uses pineapple is good in my book! The pineapple flavor in this banana bread is subtle, but combined with the coconut, it adds a nice tropical twist on your usual banana bread! 


I made this dish last night for dinner during the Bachelorette finale (more on that in a moment), and it was wonderful! Inspired by Indian cuisine, this dish is savory with a spicy kick...The perfect meal to enjoy during a dramatic night of television! 

Now, a few of my thoughts on this season of the Bachelorette...I think Kaitlyn had a tough choice to make. Both Nick and Shawn seemed to be good guys, and she clearly had a connection with both of them. I honestly don't think she could have made a wrong choice, but ultimately, Kaitlyn and Shawn seem very happy together, and I hope it works out for them! My heart broke watching Nick get sent home during the week of the finale, once again. I liked him on Andy's season, and I liked him this season. He seems like a genuine, nice guy, and I hope that he finds his happily ever after, too. I'm hearing some talk about who the next Bachelor is going to be. It sounds like it's a toss up between Ben H. and Ben Z...I don't know, maybe they could at least consider Nick? I mean, come on, he poor guy has been sent home duing the finale twice! Maybe give him a chance to hand out a few roses? Ben H. is a great guy also, but Nick or no Nick, I am pulling for Ben Z., all the way! He has been a favorite of mine from the beginning. Does he remind anyone else of Chris Evans? Just a little? He's so handsome, and just as sweet as can be. Some of my other favorite men from this season are Chris "cupcake," and Jared. I think Chris would be so much fun to hang out with. I mean come on, the guy pulled up the driveway in a giant cupcake car! And he's got great style...not to mention those perfect dentist teeth!  Jared was the ultimate gentleman.  The funniest part of the season...Clint and JJ...Villians gotta Vill. It was one exciting season, that's for sure! Who else is ready for Bachelor in Paradise?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top