Shades Of Blue

Wednesday, July 22, 2015


Top / Shorts / Sandals
Swan Float

Blue is my favorite color. I love all shades of blue, but periwinkle is without a doubt my favorite. I really love this outfit, because it nicely pulls together multiple shades of blue, highlighting the periwinkle shorts, and accents on the top. And tassels are so in right now!  These shorts are so unique, because the fabric is on the thicker side, a bit dressier than chino shorts, and good quality. Here's the twist...They have an elastic waist, which makes them super comfortable! This outfit is great for a summer bbq, or a day when you might be eatting a little more than usual, because it is effortless, but put together, and very forgiving!

Now, the swan.  The swan was a very early birthday gift from my mom, and has been such a fun addition to my summer. I love it. It's disguised as a swan, but really, it's a bed that floats on water! It totally puts an end to the age old dilemma of wanting to sleep in, but not wanting to miss the sunny weather on a beautiful summer day. I hate sleeping in during the summer. It's my favorite season, and I just love the weather, so when I sleep late, it feels like I'm just wasting the day. Well, not anymore! I wake up bright and early, go out for a paddle, maybe maybe go to brunch or run some errands, come home, and take a nap...in the pool, on the swan! It's perfect! So many great things are happening in this scenario...I'm taking a nap, and naps are great. I'm outside, enjoying the warmth of the sun, and I'm working on my tan. And no joke, it's the most comfortable pool float I've ever had. It's really big, and you can move around, and that little tail makes for a perfect pillow! 

The moral of this story, go to your local pool store, and pick yourself up a swan. Happy floating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top